Compressed Air Pipework – EPL Pipework
- A poorly designed distribution system could be damaging your business.
- EPL aluminium pipework is the efficient alternative to traditional piping.
- Trust EPL for streamlined installation, reliable performance, and the lowest total cost!
No compressed air installation is fully complete without an efficient pipework system to distribute air to the point of use. It’s integral to businesses that the compressed air produced by your operation is delivered to the point of use with enough volume and pressure, as well as appropriate quality, to properly power components or pneumatic tools. An inadequate or poorly designed industrial distribution system can lead to high energy costs, decreased productivity, and increased maintenance requirements.
The optimal compressed air pipework will be lightweight and offer high flow rates with low pressure losses whilst still being easy to install in a variety of applications. Luckily, we have the solution.
Pipework installation from Mid-Tech
Mid-Tech design and install complete pipework distribution systems for compressors from small workshops to large manufacturing plants. We use high quality aluminium EPL pipework supplied by industry-leader, Gardner Denver Champion. As an authorised distributor of some of the industry’s top names, you can trust Mid-Tech to deliver high-performing results that utilise your system to its full potential.
What is EPL Pipework?
EPL piping systems use marine-grade aluminium pipes to efficiently distribute leak-free supplies of high-flow compressed air and other inert gasses. They can also be used to support vacuum systems as well. For reduced cost, improved performance, easier installation, and less maintenance than systems made of competing materials, EPL pipework provides the complete solution.
EPL vs Traditional
- The unique shape of the polymer fittings combined with the smooth surface of the pipe provides full airflow capacity without restrictions or turbulence.
- Pressure drop through the system is dramatically reduced compared to traditional piping materials such as galvanised or stainless steel.
- System life is designed to be longer than other traditional materials.
- Air leakage is completely eliminated, resulting in significant energy savings.
- The simple locking and tightening system allows for easy installation.
- Installation time and labour costs are reduced by 40% compared to conventional piping.
Main customer benefits of EPL
Lower cost of ownership
EPL pipework delivers a cost saving at every stage of ownership. Initial investment costs are low, low energy waste due to the leak-free design lowers bills, reduced maintenance saves money, and the corrosion-resistant design reduces the need for repairs!
Minimised contamination and turbulence
EPL piping is resistant to corrosion and vibration and features unique interlocking components to easily configure your compressed air system. The aluminium promotes a smooth flow of fluids, therefore reducing turbulence and associated pressure losses.
Wide size range to meet virtually any requirement
The seamless extruded pipe is available in a range of sizes from 20mm to 158mm, giving you the flexibility to size any distribution system.
Easy, safe installation for simple setups and changes, designed to minimise production downtime.
Could EPL pipework improve the efficiency of your plant? To find out more, please contact us on 0800 028 8366 or click here to access our contact form.Knowledge Hub